Latest Online Training
Cyber Trauma Courses for Parents and Professionals
What is a cybertrauma course and who is it for?
Simply put this is a course about the issues, perils and pitfalls children and young people face in the online world, whether that be consoles, computers or smartphones.
What you can expect to learn on this course:
- WHAT DOES CYBER MEAN ANYWAY?
- What “
cybertrauma” is? (definitions and explanations).
- Real life issues and trauma versus Cybertrauma (What happens when a person is “traumatised”).
- What “attachment theory” is, why do you need to know this and why this is important to know when using devices.
- Why attachment theory is different
tobeing attached (like glue) to a device and why addiction is not necessarily the correct diagnosis for your child’s device use
- Introduction to the Polyvagal communication system (How and why we communicate in cyberspace in the way we do).
- Terminology & behaviours in the online world.
- Ethics and the law.
- How to’s and advice about dealing with the events and incidents.
For Practitioners: Psychopathology of internet behaviours, Case studies, Ethical dilemmas and how this affects your practice:
For example: What do you do if a child has Tinder on their smartphone?/What if a client asks to record you in session?/What about Photos of work with a client?- Ethical guidelines, best practice and advice.
E-safety leaflets will be provided and a handy guide to take home with you.
Want to find out more about my Training Courses
Associations and Affiliations
Presenters, media and conferences – Cybertrauma by experts; the shock factor! Is it naiveté, ego, traumology or unconsciously malicious?
November 26, 2018 Presenters, Media and Conferences - Cybertrauma by Experts; The Shock Factor! Is it naiveté, ego, traumology or unconsciously malicious? I have a very positive view of human beings and believe we are all trying to do our best in...
September 2, 2018 Stealing Flow Tank German. Six weeks of rapid learning As a life long learner and someone who is interested in alternative therapies rather than the medical model to enhance ones own self growth I found myself in a rather...
June 12, 2018 Internet 'hanging out/playing with your mates' disorder? Why its MUCH more complicated than that Recent media articles have focused in on the psychopathology or ‘diagnoses’ of children using the internet or computer/console games. There...